Clinical Coding in Ophthalmology
In the digital world everything is coded. Human readable language is not “meaningful” and needs to be translated into digital formats.
The digital formats/languages are:
- ICD-10 for diagnosis and procedures
- SNOMED for findings, observations, and interpretations
- LOINC for test results (e.g. lab)
- CPT codes for charging processes
- CQM measures for quality reporting
- RxNorm for medications
- CCDA for clinical reports (e.g. SCR= Summary Care Records)
The ifa team offers the only CAC (Computer Assisted Coding) and software dedicated to ophthalmology.